Sunday, September 28, 2003



35 MPG Fleet Average
I am not a California resident, so I won't be voting in the California election. It's interesting, though, how much I know about the California gubernatorial candidates in this recall election and how much I hear about their positions. Because of its timing and novelty, there is a chance I know more about the California candidates for governor than I did about the North Carolina candidates in the last election.

On the radio this morning they were interviewing one of the candidates -- Garrett Gruener -- and he threw out a very interesting factoid. He said that if the fleet average MPG rating for U.S. cars was 35 MPG, we would have to import no oil from foreign sources. That is an amazing thing to think about. Just by changing one statistic, everything happening in the Middle East would be far less important to us.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
ARCHIVES © Copyright 2003-2005 by Marshall Brain

RSS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?