Saturday, December 27, 2003



Computer Repair #17


[This post is part of an ongoing series of posts in December cataloging how much time I spend repairing the computers here in the Brain household.]

Every time I turn on my scanner I get this message:



It only takes a second to clear it (unless I happen to miss the "X" by 3 pixels, and get the dialog 5 seconds later -- then it takes 10 seconds). But after turning on my scanner dozens of times, do I really need to continue getting this error message? I only have one USB 2.0 device and have not installed a card to handle USB 2.0 -- is that a crime? Isn't that what backward compatibility is all about?

Time spent on this repair today: 10 seconds.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
ARCHIVES © Copyright 2003-2005 by Marshall Brain

RSS

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?